Social media marketing or Social media Marketing (SMM) is the process of creating and sharing content for different social platforms, taking into account specific objectives for brands or businesses. These objectives are very varied, since each person could seek to generate interaction, (likes or comments), get followers, gain visibility or increase the traffic that reaches their website, and even generate sales.
Social media marketing encompasses all the activities and measures that are used in the networks to generate business opportunities and the loyalty of your customers.
Types of network marketing
- Proactive marketing: Own and user-generated content is created and distributed to achieve goals. This type of SMM requires the use of resources and budget, in addition to also including the integration of different channels to increase the scope of content.
- Passive Marketing: External content is used to achieve objectives. Activity is measured and an evaluation of user activities is made in order to make operational or strategic decisions.
Benefits of social media marketing
- Reputation and authority: Advertising campaigns, as well as publications made on social networks, serve to create a good image and brand reputation.
- Interest groups: Thanks to social networks, groups can be created where different users meet with a real interest in the product (or service) you offer.
- Direct contact: It is easier for customers to contact companies through messages, posts, or post comments. Social networks offer an opportunity for closeness that not many other media offer.
- Traffic: Social media is a great way to direct visitors to your website.
- Sales: As amazing as it may seem, social media is a great way to make sales of products or services.
- Viral Marketing: Your content can go viral and be shared by many users, giving you great reach.
- SEO: Profiles on Twitter and Facebook are usually indexed by search engines and can be displayed first in Search results. The interaction on your page will make it appear easier in the search engine.
Advantages of the SMM
- One of its main advantages is that most of the services they offer is free (except for paid ads). So the dissemination of any message is through publications, links, images or videos is really easy, fast and satisfying.
- You don't need to invest capital to start posting or spreading messages.
- Most people spend more than half of their time on social media, so being active on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram is a great opportunity to be discovered.
- You can make offers in real time, and interact in real time with the people interested in them.
- You will have unlimited interactions with your followers.
Now that you know, what are you waiting for to create your business profiles on social networks?