What is an ecommerce, why and how should mine do it? E-commerce, also known as “online store” or “electronic commerce” in Spanish, is a method of buying and selling goods, products or services online. It is a system that allows you to sell using an internet connection as a medium.
This method of sale has become very popular among customers around the world due to the rise of the internet and the increasing willingness to buy or make transactions online, as well as the advantages that this model offers both sellers and buyers. Here we will talk a little about them:
Advantages of Ecommerce or Online Store
- ¡¡You will have more customers! This is because thousands of people in your area, city, country and even in the world have an internet connection, so the possibility of selling your products increases exponentially. In the same way, you can receive payments instantly thanks to payment systems such as Paypal or transfers via credit and debit cards.
- 24 hour availability: Unlike a conventional store, an ecommerce does not have opening or closing times, but it is open and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And the best of all? You don't have to keep an eye on him all the time! This is because most of their processes are automated.
- You save money: You do not need to pay rent from stores when your store is online, so you will save a good sum of money with this type of business.
- More sales: Sales of your products will increase because you can reach a much larger audience without having to make a great effort and without spending as much money as you would with a traditional business.
- Scalability: The number of customers to which you can sell at the same time will increase; In a store or physical business there is always a limit of customers that you can serve, while in an ecommerce, the system can process several users at the same time without any problem.
- Versatility: An ecommerce allows you to make and implement different sales strategies to increase your income. The first step for you as a beginner, could be to apply coupons and discounts in your online store. This is done in a very easy way and can serve to encourage your potential customers to buy with you for the first time. (If you want to know about other strategies applicable to your ecommerce, don't miss our next post!).
How can I start my ecommerce?
If after reading the advantages offered by an ecoomerce you already convinced yourself to start your online business, here are the steps you must follow to start:
If you will develop it on your own
- Search and buy your domain. This will be the name that your store will carry and with which users can find it. In other words, it will be your URL and may have termination .com or .com.mx. You can check the domain availability and prices here
(If you don't know what type of domain is better: .com or .com.mx, we recommend this article.)
- Get a hosting plan. We recommend you do it in PaginaMx, because they have different packages, reliable and that will adapt to your needs. Many of them include free domain! So if you already checked your availability, don't wait any longer.
- Install WordPress and Woocomerce. These two systems will save you a lot of time and will be quite easy to operate. You can start selling almost immediately.
- Optimize your site. This will help your loading speed to be adequate and avoid possible "bounces" of your potential customers.
If you need an expert
- In case you do not have the time or the desire to make your own ecommerce, contact us! In FIGAND software we have a team of professional designers and programmers that will help you build your page, from domain search to integration of payment methods, delivery systems, chats for customer communication and SEO optimization. In addition to this, we offer you a guarantee so that you are always calm and with the certainty that we will deliver you the best product, with prices and plans that adapt to your needs.